Saturday 1 October 2022

Intervention: Purposeful Perspective Taking - the planning

Describe in detail the intervention you designed to address the student learning problem i.e. exactly what did you plan to change? Be specific about actions, timelines etc.

After redesigned my inquiry, I wanted to think about opportunities to look at perspective taking as way of getting my kids to think critically about their learning. 

I wanted to design a series of lessons on the English Street names of our local area based on a 2016 Jubilee booklet put out by the G.I Business association.  Some of these names were featured in one of the art works we saw in G.I on our art tour.  I wanted kids to use images and photos to unpack and tell a story of what, where, when, who and how in our local area. 

Planning for the teaching:

I studied Aotearoa Histories Using Historical Images site to make sure that I was planning for the lessons correctly.  There were 2 good videos on the site that shared how other schools used images to guide the learning.



I then needed some scaffolding tools that could build the understanding of the images for students to better understand what they were looking at. The Manaiakalani Cybersmart Tools and Organisers have some really cool ones that break down the learning better and I thought I'd focus on one or two as a starter.  


Google maps was also another way to explore where images or events take place so I refreshed my mapping skills by thinking about how to use google maps for students to share their learning.



From these different resources, I developed the sequence of lessons under the title 'Leading Local Change in our Community'.  In my next blogpost, I will detail the lesson itself and reflect on how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...