Thursday 9 November 2023

COL Interview 2024: Questions 2 - 6

2. What learnings from the 2017 - 2023 CoL teacher inquiries have informed or inspired your thinking.

In no particular order.  

  • Karen’s innovations in creating learning for the kids on social media platforms and her watching her create and trial the innovative teacher inquiry game 'Boost' with our staff.
  • Christine and Poto from Glen Taylor. We have created a strong bond and have connected in our knowledge of identifying the challenges and support needed for our Pasifika kids. 
  • I know that Christines supporting teachers and their pedagogy and being culturally responsive in our practice.  
  • Andrea who is currently building a Pasifika teachers network she is building is needed and important in building last.  

3. How would your work support Manaiakalani pedagogy and kaupapa?

  • Through ensuring that students and staff know that the Learn, Create, Share model is one of the ways we continue to be connected to each other.
  • I will continue to work and support Kerry and the Manaiakalani team through department discussions and secondary connected.
  • I will continue to challenge and question systems to ensure the appropriate voices are heard.

4. Which elements of the extensive Manaiakalani research findings inform or challenge you as you think about this?


Here are some of the findings that I have found useful, challenging and enjoyable in guiding my pedagogy and the pedagogy of my department.

5. How would you like to be supported in 2024 as you undertake this inquiry?

  • I would like to continue to work more closely with other COL teachers within our school but also across the cluster.
  • I would like to have a regular check in and talanoa with Fiona.  
  • I would like to book in and see Matt more to help with my workspaces.
  • I would like to meet Dr Russell Bishop and be led in a PLD by him.

6. How would you plan to support your colleagues in your school with their inquiries and/or teaching in the area you are exploring?

  • I would like to support teachers by inviting them to observe my classes.  I would like to allocate my time COL time once a week to have one on one conferencing with staff. 
  • I want to continue to present to our staff once a term with our COL team.

Me looking interested in library books



No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...