Thursday 27 February 2020

TAI2020 WFRC Inquiry Question #1: An Inquiry Stocktake

How well do you reflect on your inquiry? 

I feel I do well.  Last year, I felt I started really well and was fully engaged, I just got a bit lost at the end with evaluation because I freaked out at the academic way to present it. 

What worked well in 2019

One of the strengths of my 2019 inquiry was my ability to profile the students,  monitor and tweak the approaches that I was using.  I enjoyed videoing my meetings with Dr Jannie and the students and could see the benefits in sharing that learning with all involved.  I kept a really good record of the stages of my inquiry except for the last stage.

I later realised that I wasn’t challenging my higher ability learners well.

My Challenges in 2019

I wish I knew how I was going to measure success in my inquiry from the start of the year.  I left it too late.

The Support I need in 2020

As above plus more COL meeting time with our team.  

What part of the inquiry process do you need support with?

Definitely the measuring and evaluating of student learning.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your reflections! I would like to use these questions for myself, is that OK? It is important to reflect and evaluate what worked and more importantly what did not work. Then try and figure out what you can do better (solution focused). Thank you for sharing Dot!

    ReplyDelete

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...