Friday 5 June 2020

Online teaching and learning #9: Google hangout whilst on sick leave

Today I was sick with the flu and I contacted my classes that I would be having our classes online (as in I was at home) and the classes would login to a hangout from my physical classroom EP6, with the support of their reliever.   

One of my classes, the year 10's were really good at showing me who was in the class and I noticed Tom, one of my hard case boys was really engaged.  I know he loves to wear his headphones and listen to music so it was good to see him so engaged.  Watching the video back, I could see that kids were comfortable to be taught and to learn online, regardless if I as the teacher, was in the classroom or at home.  I wonder if this would be the 'norm' in the future?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...