Tuesday 10 May 2022

#3. Describe the tools/measures/approaches you used to get a more detailed and accurate profile of students’ learning in relation to that problem.

#3. Describe the tools/measures/approaches you plan to use to get a more detailed and accurate profile of students’ learning in relation to that problem. Justify why you chose these approaches and tools.

Ka Hikitia and the Tapasā clearly align a success criteria in the classroom with the relationships built between the teacher and student.  I wrote a blog previously on getting to know my mentor class blog.  I want to continue to get to know my learners by gathering their asttle data reading and writing results and connecting their abilities to process information and make connections with their engagement in class.  

Finding relevant research with respect to understanding how to build connections is important to grounding my inquiry.  I want to inquire into well-founded studies and research to base the profiles of student learnings on.

Making connections with whanau and parents is important to support learning.  I want to connect with parents of my mentor class more to enable them to support their child in their learning.  I want to regularly contact them in some way to share their child’s learning.

Making connections across curriculum areas is important so that students can know that we talk to each about student learning and I can gather ideas as to what works and what doesn’t.  I want to start a conversation and dialogue with their other subject teachers to find common learning connections and challenges.
Sometimes I don’t think I challenge my class enough in their learning.  I want to pose a provocation students to challenge their thinking that all learning happens in the classroom and that it is important to know and care about their community.

I want to collect viable student voice through surveys and focus group discussions to ensure that students have a voice in their learning and to inform my practice.  

I want to compare video evidence of students’ confidence levels at the start of an intervention and then again at the end so I can see if there is any improvement in attitude. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...