Thursday 4 May 2023

Inquiry Profiling #3: Collecting in-depth information Student Voice

I have a few ideas (hunches) as what I think my year 12's feel about their writing so I'm going to start with that first.

  • Kids have to write but they may not know why it is important or the why so don't put much effort into it.

  • Kids have trouble starting to write because they don't know how to start.

  • Kids don’t know what to write about because they aren't prepared.

I wanted to check if my ideas were right, so I sent a survey to my year 12's asking them about their thoughts on writing this year and are here some of their results


My thoughts:  Over 70% of students sometimes like writing but they at the same time agree that it is important.  Not surprisingly over 70% believed they were not confident writers. 

For the rest of my questions, I have put the questions and answers on this document and have included them below.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...