Friday 9 February 2018

My Inquiry for 2018

My Inquiry for 2018



For my inquiry, I have selected the following Manaiakalani CoL Achievement Challenge:



The focus of my inquiry are the boys in my level 2 Social Studies class. 

What and who:

Supporting my senior year 12 Social studies class through engaging contexts and effective writing strategies whilst ensuring they achieve success within the NCEA context and timeframe.

I will also share best practice evidence with my Social Studies department and support the implementation of writing strategies for the junior year 9 and 10 programmes.

How:

I will plan use researched and practiced evidence to understand how boys learn and develop a programme based around this evidence.

I will use engaging contexts to gage interest and motivation for writing.

I will use developed writing strategies such as SOLO taxonomy, our literacy resources at school, and visit other classroom contexts to design resources that will be tried in the classroom.

Measurable outcome:

The goal is to ensure that the boys in my level 2 class will gain 14+ credits at level 2 and at least 5 credits in level 2 literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...