Saturday 7 July 2018

My Iste 2018 Experience - Part FOUR: The Playground and Poster sessions

What happens in the classroom and what learning looks like is what sparks the teaching and learning passion for me.  At the playground areas at ISTE, I was able to have a 'play' with aspects outside my comfort zone, like coding without the fear of thinking I could break something.  I put myself in the shoes of my students and found out what real teachers in real classrooms were doing with their kids.  I found it interesting that some of the resources were ones that we were already using but teachers were using these on a global scale, which will help guide my planning a bit.  I can't wait to try some of the things I'd learnt!

Having a play in the 'Playground' 



Looking at Global Storytelling.
Supporting Literacy with Chrome extensions

Google Geo Tools author Kelly Kermode

A text book I will be ordering!








No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...