Saturday 7 July 2018

My Iste 2018 Experience - Part THREE: Workshops and interactive sessions

There were plenty of exciting sessions and workshops on offer at ISTE but I wanted to focus on a number of key areas.

  • How schools integrated across curriculum areas with a focus on project based learning.
  • Raising achievement in boys writing
  • Creating interesting, collaborative units for our juniors (or middle school)
The first session I attended was called 'Leveraging Student choice in the Middle school classroom'.  Our presenters shared resources they'd created gathered from the brainstorms and choices provided by their students.  They went on to create relevant resources and units from these students choices. 

What I found interesting was during our sharing sessions with people next to us, I found there were so many different platforms that people used in their teaching and learning, that I wondered how a child who may move schools or a teacher who changes school could even keep.  I had one lady on my left using google classroom, another using microsoft 365 and other people using totally different platforms - it was like the united nations of digital teaching and learning, no one spoke the same language!

There were so many more interactive sessions that were interesting that I need to create a post for each one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...