Friday 1 March 2019

Introducing my inquiry group for 2019

The group that I am building my inquiry around are my year 9 social studies class.  There 21 students in the class,  8 female and 11 males.  There are 6 Maori students, 5 female and 1 male.

I want to look at their reading scores from 2018, to see how they scored before they arrived to Tamaki.  Then I can think about ways to address the learning abilities of the students in the class.


I have included a breakdown in ethnicity as I am exploring cultural visibility and responsive practice and it is good to know what ethnic groups my kids below to.  I am hoping to build learning profiles of my students through individual meetings once their 2019 easttle writing and PAT reading results are available.  We will set goals and develop a plan of learning for the year.  Hopefully this will kick start their thinking into success in social studies this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...