Monday 14 March 2022

Reset, renew and re-go again!

The last few weeks have been absolutely crazy. 

I had covid and my 10 days expired the day before my daughter got married!


I had been sharing the build up and preparations for the big day with some of my students (all while battling mild covid symptoms) who have attended online classes as well as my team who helped hold the department together with their hard work and commitment. 


Because our website and workspaces were organised, I felt confident that kids who attended classes or we doing the work on their own were ok, but it was the ones that weren’t coming to class that I needed to worry about and being able to come back to school this week is all about resetting and reflecting for me and my tauira.  


As an aside, on the wedding day itself, it just happened to coinside with an email that went to all staff acknowledging long service at Tamaki College and a beautiful cake was delivered to our homes.  I have been at Tamaki for like the longest time, 23 years so far and when thanking the SLT for the cake, I relayed how important the teachers were in moulding my daughters life.  Essentially, it was them and their belief in her that helped prompt and push her to stay at school and complete NCEA.  What a blessing!


Oh and the wedding went well! Although I loved being mother of the bride, I wouldn’t want to go through that again in a hurry!


Me, dad, bride, bridesmaid and grandbabies about to go to the wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...