Thursday 23 February 2023

Reconnaissance - student inquiry foci #2

  1. From what you know already about your classes and your school’s profile and leadership goals for the year, share a possible inquiry focus.
  2. Frame your focus as a desired change in student learning NOT a change in teaching (as yet!)

From what I know about my level 2 class, they are a strong mostly academic bunch who are quite focussed and articulate.  Many of them are in charge of their learning and some of them have strong personalities.  There are a number who are quiet achievers but there are also students who struggle with the literacy aspects of the course already and I can see that is a challenge.  


Our school goal number 3 focuses on improving literacy for different groups of students so that would support my inquiry focus so I am hoping to look at improving writing in my level 2 class as a focus as it will benefit them in their learning more.


A designed change I hope to see is a desire for my students to push themselves to write in depth and comprehensively at merit and excellence level's through engaging and meaningful contexts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

COL Inquiry #2: Collaborate with school leaders and colleagues

C ollaborate with your school’s leadership team and colleagues to identify areas where your inquiry will make a powerful contribution to wid...